Saturday, October 18, 2008

19/10/08 Massive allergic reaction

Something terrible happened yesterday. I'm still recovering from my sinus operation so there's still some bleeding and infection in my nose. After going for a follow up visit with my doc I went to have lunch and I had prawns in one of the dishes. I remember I also had prawns on the day I had the allergic reaction that led to my gout and had massive allergic reaction in just a matter of hours. Yesterday was the same thing, sudden continuous nosebleed and fever.
I guess for some reason after the op I became allergic to prawns again after not being allergic for so long since my young teenage years, it's scary. I thought oh shit! It's happening again and didn't know what to do, luckily it went away after a few hours, most likely due to the stronger antibiotics that I was taking already. Sigh, imagine 2 pieces of prawns can cause such a horrible result, so scary, makes you realize how fragile our bodies are and makes you think about paying much closer attention to everything you eat.

No comments: