Tuesday, October 14, 2008

15/10/08 Gout!

I found out I have gout today. After intense swelling and pain from my left foot (where 50% of gout sufferers experience it, specifically near the big toe) I went to see a doctor in the evening when I finally couldn't take the pain anymore, and lucky I did cause I thought it was due to a normal sprain. Apparently the cause of gout normally is due to eating purine rich food and having too much stress. Well, I can guess where the stress came from, probably my sinus surgery last week. And I do love to eat meat and salty food that is purine rich apparently. I'm just hoping there won't be a repeat performance from the gout because it could mean a more serious problem. People who get it may get it once in awhile or never again or if they're unlucky, very often. So now what I've got to do is: eat a balanced diet, lessen stress and exercise (which I do regularly under normal circumstances).

No comments: