Monday, September 29, 2008

30/9/08 Lucky in cards..

I played a card game yesterday with 2 other friends, we played something called Chor Dai Di, it's Asia's twist on the classic game of poker I suppose. The rules go something like: You have to throw a card that is of higher number than what the previous person throw out, whether it be a single or pair or 3 of a kind, four of a kind, straight, flush, full house etc. So we were playing the game for many rounds and amazingly, one of the players (not me unfortunately) for some reason almost every single round had either a straight flush or four of a kind! Now any decent poker or card player will tell you that that is statistically damn hard to achieve! Suffice it to say, we were more than a little bit chagrined and since we were playing money, I lost quite a lot, especially because a straight flush or four of a kind automatically gives the player a certain amount of money. But I'm just wondering, what is this thing called luck and what kind of lucky confluence of circumstances that allows such an anomaly to occur. I wonder if there is an explanation, at least one that makes sense, of this thing called luck..

No comments: