Thursday, September 25, 2008

25/9/08 The world is but a stage..

I went to watch a play today, my friend who is involved in it invited me. It was actually 3 plays in 1 so that probably accounts for why it was 2 and 1/2 hours long. The actors did a great job, hardly any mistakes. It always amazes me how actors in plays manage to memorize such large volumes of dialogue and yet make minimal mistakes. Even with countless numbers of rehearsals isn't easy to just miss lines or worse, totally blank out? Yet most plays that I have been to that has almost never happened. It really amazes me! They must have such powers of concentration and the ability to just tune out the audience and be so quick and not have any inhibitions on stage. Maybe to them it's normal and easy but to me it's astounding! I've tried to act in a play once when I was in high school and it was disastrous! I forgot half the lines (though how few they were), and mixed up the rest! After that I had a phobia about acting in plays and swore never to act in one ever again! I really admire those people who manage to get up on stage, put themselves out for criticism and yet grin and bear it and at the end of the day manage to deliver spot on performances..

No comments: