Monday, November 10, 2008

Whatever happened to all the old people?

Sometimes I wonder, where did all the old people go? Have they been totally forgotten by the general 'active' population and been squirreled away in old folks' homes and god knows where that they've been conveniently forgotten and ignored? Are we so youth oriented that we choose not to focus on the aged maybe because it stems from the horrifying thought that one day we will grow old also and consigned to the same fate as them? I really applaud the corporations that have embraced old people and decided to hire them as they can still be productive members of society (and hopefully not because they come cheap!). I hope one day when I'm old I won't be conveniently forgotten and become useless and holed up somewhere until I die. I hope my life means more than that...

No comments: