Saturday, November 8, 2008

The ties that bind...

I wonder...Is it possible to outgrow one's own family? A friend said it's not possible as family is as much apart of your life as being gay. But I disagree as I feel that family in the end are just people associated by similar genes if you think about it. Family is just a word that describes a group of people whom either gave birth or was birthed from the other. And the fact that it can be even used for when one's married to an outsider I don't really see what is so special about family in the end. I mean I'm not a cold-hearted bitch, but if you think about it, a family is just a collection of people that is similar to, let's say, a society of gamers or something...So what is it about the ties that bind? Are we so weak and dependant that we need to identify so-called family to ensure that we have something to fall back on? Hmm, in the end I think it's best if we depend on ourselves. I feel family can be the source of much negativity too, I mean nothing good can come out of forcing people to acknowledge each other and go through activities that usually just drive each o Mayther up the wall, I mean why bother? I'd rather spend time with peopl I truly like and connect with. Maybe I have outgrown my family...

No comments: