Monday, December 8, 2008

Back to square one..

I just had a follow up appointment with the ENT doctor that operated on me for my sinus operation. He asked me how I was and I said I was ok, except that I have a green mucus discharge similar to what I was having pre-op. He did a scope check into my nose and found that it was true and there was a lot of mucus inside my nose. He concluded that it is allergy and that I should take medication to get rid of it (nasal spray etc) and I told him that I tried that many times before in all these years that I have had it and it was why I went to him in the first place, to get rid of it! So apparently the op wasn't really necessary cause it didn't solve my problem which is an allergy problem anyways and it has got to do with my body's immune system reacting to whatever allergen and causing a buildup of mucus which causes me to feel really sick. Maybe the op helped in the drainage department so that the mucus doesn't get trapped inside but that still remains to be seen because i'm still taking post-op meds that might be helping, only when I totally stop it then I can tell whether that is true. But regardless, basically my allergies are still there and nothing can be done about it, but according to the doc some people grow out of it, I have had it many years now and I hope that is true but so far doesn't seem like it's going anywhere, and if it doesn't then all I can do is to control my immediate environment, like my home. But living in a city doesn't help as I'm allergic to dust and pollutants. So all I can do is to control and tolerate it and live with it. Life sucks huh?

1 comment:

Kenny Mah said...

I feel for you, bro. Suffered from sinusitis myself and had an operation when I was fifteen. And even then, it comes back a tad at times.

Ah, to live in the Alps where the air is crispy fresh and clean!