Saturday, January 29, 2011

Licking the knife..

My friend and I were talking, as usual, about guys...and we got to talking about turnoffs for us. We're by no means perfect but everyone has some pet peeves and annoyances, and beyond that just 'crimes' that simply offend our sensibilities on a personal level so greatly that it may even cause us to rule out a potential mate..

For him it was 'licking the knife', apparently some very uncouth and uncultured people have to idea how to use cutlery properly and end up sticking the whole knife in the mouth when eating. The thought of it is hilarious and while to me it would be considered a minor offence, to him it was a deal-breaker and he simply decided he would rule out the guy.

For me it is burping. I hate indiscriminate burping and while I do find it so offensive, I'm a (very :) understanding guy generally and wouldn't consider it a deal-breaker, however if it happens often (which it probably would) then it would seriously affect my 'long term enjoyment' of the person's company!

Whatever it is, we all have things we can't stand, and while I always advocate compromising for the sake of 'bridging the gap', sometimes licking the knife just won't do!

No comments: